my life. don't read if you're bored easily.

Monday, July 14, 2008

When I Grow Up


Ok, I know my last blog featured an older, yet fashionably fabulous woman. And after you read this blog, you may start to wonder if I am obsessed with wanting to be old. Honestly, growing older doesn't bother me at all. Especially if I am capable of looking like Carmen Dell'Orifice.
I know, I know. I'm not white. And I'm not thin. And I have curly hair. But it's her image. She's like seriously 77 years old. Yet, she exudes beauty and grace and makes a lot of "younger" models and so-called fashionista's look like they're all trying way too hard.
Carmen is a supermodel, still. She makes aging something to kinda look forward to. I read in an article that the main beauty product she uses is bag balm..the stuff they sell for cow teats that can be found at your local drugstore.
Seems simplicity works the best. I'm no fool though. I know that Carmen wears tons of make-up and probably uses the latest night beauty serum. And who knows? She may be a really mean-spirited person. I mean, really, it's not like I know her. But for what its worth, it's inspiring and uplifting to see a woman, at seventy-something years old, rocking her white hair like it's nothing and not looking like 'Old Mother Hubbard.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
City: Lulu
i'm supposed to be writing my thesis.